Social Change Assistance Trust (SCAT) is currently seeking unemployed graduates to apply for the 12-months Internship Programme 2022 available at Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa.
SCAT: Internship Programme 2022
Company: Social Change Assistance Trust (SCAT)
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Closing date: 10 January 2022
Social Change Assistance Trust (SCAT) seeks to appoint an Intern to work in our programme team and assist the Climate Change Programme Coordinator. This is a one-year paid position, to begin in January.
- Work closely with the Climate Change Programme Coordinator and Programme’s Director to support SCAT’s climate change work.
- Assist with project implementation and monitoring.
- Coordinate and perform tasks related to the collection and processing of data.
- Assist with the planning and logistics of any programme related meetings, workshops or other events.
- Assist with the collection and compilation of climate change stories and case studies.
- Provide general administrative support to the Programmes team.
- Provide ad hoc assistance to the general work of SCAT, as and when required.
Diploma or Degree or studying towards a post graduate degree, preferably in:
- Social development,
- Political science,
- Environmental science and climate change
- or a related field of study.
- Good understanding of climate change, gender and youth, in the context of social justice.
- An in-depth understanding of life in a rural community.
- Good communication and report writing skills.
- Computer literacy, with a good understanding and knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proficient in Google Suite.
- High level of integrity.
- Ability to work independently and be part of a team.
- A proactive approach to duties, continually looking at ways to improve processes.
- Able to work from remote location as well as our Cape Town office.
- Valid driving licence and willingness to travel.
How to Apply
- Salary Offer 0000 USD 0000 Month
- Address Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa