ProBono.Org invites talented and passionate candidates to apply for Legal Internship Programme 2022 available at Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa. ProBono.Org Jobs 2022 will boost your skills, knowledge and level of experience in the relevant fields of study. You can read the full details and descriptions about ProBono.Org Careers / ProBono.Org Vacancies 2022 is mentioned below.
ProBono.Org: Legal Internship Programme 2022
This position requires the incumbent to support and work with the Regional Director and Staff Attorney to contribute to the work of ProBono.Org in Cape Town.
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Closing date: 20 Jan 2022
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Interviewing those seeking legal assistance or anyone acting on their behalf.
- Assessing matters in terms of the ProBono.Org criteria.
- Consulting with the ProBono.Org Staff Attorney on the best strategy for dealing with matters, such as direct legal assistance, litigation, mediation or another form of legal intervention.
- Preparing detailed briefs, memos and instructions for legal practitioners in matters that require pro bono legal assistance.
- Managing all matters from time of consultation until such matter is closed or referred to an attorney or advocate.
- Maintaining, building and enhancing strong relationships with NGOs, CBOs, CAOs, law clinics and other pro bono and public interest law initiatives.
- Writing reports on matters to be used as part of ProBono.Org’s reporting and communication functions, including Facebook and Twitter.
- Attending workshops and seminars on behalf of ProBono.Org.
- Facilitating community and attorney workshops on behalf of ProBono.Org.
- Conducting research and handling other details in preparation of matters, where necessary.
- An appropriate Law qualification, (LLB) with some practical experience.
- Knowledge of SA’s socio-economic environment and how it impacts on legal justice.
- A demonstrable commitment to and interest in public interest law and social justice.
- Proactive attitude, with enthusiasm for ProBono.Org’s mission and vision.
- Advanced communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent drafting, writing and editing skills.
- Computer literate (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point).
How to Apply
- Salary Offer 0000 USD 0000 Month
- Address Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa