Doctors Without Borders (MSF) SA invites talented and hard-working candidates to apply for Access Campaign Advocacy Internship Programme 2021 / 2022 available at Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa.
Doctors Without Borders (MSF): Access Campaign Advocacy Internships 2021 / 2022
Company: MSF SA
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Closing date: 22 September 2021
MSF South Africa is looking for an Access Campaign Advocacy Intern with good planning and administrative skills, high flexibility and the ability to work under pressure with competing priorities and deliver results. The candidate must have a passion for humanitarian work and development.
The intern will be assisting the Access Campaign Advocacy Officer with administrative duties as well as research in the area of intellectual property and other access-related issues, collecting and compiling strategic information and assisting with the organising of events, campaigns and advocacy-related work.
- Assist Access Campaign Officer with necessary research, writing and campaign-related work with the Fix the Patent Laws Coalition
- Assist Access Campaign Coordinator in developing an analysis and strategy for access work, particularly focused on DR-TB, Covid-19 and TRIPS related barriers
- Assist Access Campaign Coordinator in day-to-day access to treatment-related work, including but not limited to price research, medicine registration research, R&D related work and others.
- Other research and advocacy tasks as needed.
- Create and periodically maintain a stakeholder database (comprising of key stakeholders such as civil society, government officials, MSF staff etc.)
- Assist with organising meetings, conferences and workshops and other key advocacy related events. Specifically, work with and support the MSF SA Events Coordinator with logistics and other info needed
- Manage Conference Call, Meetings, and Workshop notes and minutes
- Assist with the development of advocacy-related materials, liaison with designers and printers
- Coordinate the printing and shipping of advocacy-related materials, reports etc to Field Teams, HQ and other key contacts
- Create and maintain a good up to date electronic filing system of key documents that can be shared and accessed by Field Advocacy Teams
Minimum University graduate or postgraduate student.
Preferably Studying or Studied:
- Public Health,
- Development Studies,
- International Relations or Political Science,
- or with a demonstrable interest in working in the Health Policy Analysis and Advocacy field.
- Knowledge of local and regional treatment access barriers like IP, pricing, shortages, and other systemic issues
- Interest in national and global health policy and organisations particularly related to HIV and/or Access to Treatment issues.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint essential
- Professional telephone manner, tactful and excellent networking and negotiation skills.
- Creative and highly flexible approach to work, and ability to work within a team,
- Multi-task and good stress management skills
- Ability to deal with the high workload at specific times.
- Creative social media skills
How to Apply for Access Campaign Advocacy Internship Programme At MSF 2021-22
If you are interested and meet the above requirements, you should Click Here to apply online for Access Campaign Advocacy Internship programme 2021 / 2022 in Doctors Without Borders (MSF) available at Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa.
- Salary Offer 0000 USD 0000 Month
- Address Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa