CSIR is offering the Library and Information Science Internship programme 2021/2022 In South Africa. You can apply online for the Library and Information Science internship programme 2021. The CSIR Jobs and Careers have been announced for interns/trainees, and now you can get full advantage of the CSIR internship programme 2021/2022 If you are looking for latest internship programme in South Africa then you are at the right place. The CSIR internship Programme will gain your experience level. Interested candidates should read the details and descriptions given below.
CSIR: Library and Information Science Internship Programme 2021-22
Location: Pretoria, South Africa
The CSIR has two Internship opportunities for Library and Information Science, one of the internship opportunity is in the Records Management and Archival Services Stream and the other one in the Library Technical Services.
These internship positions are for the CSIR Information Services department which forms part of the Business Excellence and Integration portfolio. The purpose of the Internship is to provide graduates with an opportunity to gain practical work experience in the library and information services field within a research and development environment.
The following Internship Opportunities are open for applications:
Management and Archival Services Internship:
- Index archival research and corporate records;
- Conduct shelving and categorising of the archival records;
- Conduct collection audits and disposal of archival materials;
- Fulfil general Records Management and Archival duties (maintain the Archive – cleanliness of the Archive, check climate and gas control systems, shelving, digitisation);
- Assist clients with archives requests under the guidance of the Archives technicians;
- Participate in the special projects to keep abreast of trends.
Library and Technical Services Internship:
- Cataloguing of books and journals;
- Shelving of books and journals;
- Identifying items for weeding by following the approved weeding guidelines;
- Quality control of OCLC Knowledge Base;
- Monitoring and processing Interlibrary Loan requests on OCLC;
- Assist library clients with completion of library requests;
- Database training for the walk-in clients.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Library,Information science;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Customer service attitude;
- Knowledge and experience in Microsoft PowerPoint / Excel ;
- Attention to detail and a team player;
- Goal oriented and deadline driven;
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
How to Apply
You can go to the official site of CSIR in order to apply online for the Library and Information Science Internships 2021 / 2022 available in Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa.
- Salary Offer 000000 USD 000000 Month
- Address Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa