National Library of South Africa invites unemployed candidates who wish to apply for internship programme 2021 / 2022. its best opportunity for you to apply for the latest internship programme 2021. If you are lookings for internship programme In National Library of South Africa then you are at the right place. The National Library of South Africa internship programme 2021 are available for talented and passionate candidates, and now you can get full advantage of the internship programme 2021/2022. Those Candidates who consider themselves eligible for this internship programme 2021-22 can submit their application by following the instructions given below.
National Library of South Africa: Internship Programme 2021 / 2022
Company: National Library of South Africa
Location: Pretoria, South Africa
Closing date: 25 June 2021
The purpose of this short-term employment opportunity is to assist the National Archives and Records Services of South Africa (NARSSA) to digitise, conserve, secure and make accessible its paper based and audio-visual archival collections.
We are inviting applications from suitably qualified persons between the ages of 18 and 35 for appointment on a three-month contract basis. The successful individuals will be based in Pretoria. Successful candidates will receive training and be provided with real work experience enabling them to gain skills and valuable experience that can be applied in future jobs.
Position: Trainee Assistant Archivists
No of Positions: 27
Stipend: R 5 700 per month
- Preservation and conservation services
- Arrangement and description of paper based and /or audio-visual records.
- Capturing, verification and data clean-up on the National Archives database
- Evaluation and preparation of paper based and audiovisual records for digitization.
- Follow detailed instructions.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports.
- Be willing to rotate in similar roles as requested.
- Work rotational shifts, including weekends, when required to do so
Bachelor’s degree in:
- Archival Studies,
- Heritage Studies,
- Film Studies,
- Sound Engineering.
NB. A postgraduate qualification in any of the above fields will be an added advantage. Candidates who obtained their qualifications through the Department of Sport, Arts and Culture’s Heritage Bursary Scheme are encouraged to apply
- Computer literacy is an added advantage
- Ability to perform moderately heavy physical work
- Demonstrable excellent communication skills and outstanding work ethics
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team and under pressure
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit a completed prescribed application form accompanied by:
- A covering letter;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Matric/Grade12 certificate;
- Certified copies of qualifications and academic transcripts not older than six months;
- A copy of certified Identity Document
Submit by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Salary Offer R 5 700 per month USD R 5 700 per month Month
- Address Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa