SLR Consulting invites unemployed candidates to apply for Geology / Earth Science internship programme 2021 / 2022. The Geology job vacancies 2021 are available for South African citizens. its best opportunity for you to apply for the Earth Science internship 2021. you can apply online for the SLR Consulting Internship 2021. If you are seeking for latest internship programme 2021 in SLR Consulting then you are at the right place. The SLR Consulting internship programme 2021 are available for talented and passionate candidates, and now you can get full advantage of the Geology / Earth Science Careers 2021/2022. Those Candidates who consider themselves eligible for the SLR Consulting job vacancies 2021-22 can submit their application by following the instructions given below.
SLR Consulting: Geology / Earth Science Internships 2021
Company: SLR Consulting
Location: Johannesburg and Cape town, South Africa
Position: Intern – Land Quality & Remediation
The Intern will form part of a growing team engaged in a downstream Oil & Gas sector client programme focusing on supporting the execution of the field components of contaminated land assessments. The position will also provide the opportunity to participate in other SLR key client projects within the mining, infrastructure and industrial sectors.
Will include, but are not limited to:
- Help execute key field components of contaminated land projects, including Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments (ESA) and remediation.
- Conduct data collection for projects which encompasses the following key elements:
- Sampling of a range of media (soil, groundwater, vapour and waste)
- Collating field data according to applicable Quality Management Systems (QMS).
- Travel to various sites at remote locations across South Africa and Africa to perform the above-mentioned fieldwork.
- Provide sub-contractor supervision.
- Draft high-quality factual, technical reports.
- Coordinate laboratory services and interpret/visualise environmental data.
- Ensure project tasks are delivered on time, within budget.
- Communicate effectively with project stakeholders (peers, Project Managers, and subcontractors).
- Bachelor of Science (BSc), Geology/Earth Science and/or a postgraduate degree in a related field,
- Field sampling experience in the sampling of environmental media (soil, groundwater, surface water and waste) would be advantageous.
- A valid drivers’ license
- Proficiency in MS Office with intermediate Excel and Word knowledge and an aptitude to learn and work with various digital applications.
- A willingness and ability to travel and conduct fieldwork.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (in English), with demonstrated skill in technical report writing.
- Excellent time management skills and an ability to multi-task and prioritise tasks.
- Detail-oriented with a mechanical aptitude and hands-on troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Should be able to work well in a team and communicate confidently with others.
- Strong commitment to safety, including following established Health and Safety protocols.
- The ability to work to deadlines and within set budgets is essential.
How to Apply
If you comply with the minimum eligibility criteria, you should go to the official site of SLR Consulting in order to apply online for the Geology / Earth Science Internships 2021 / 2022 available at Cape Town,South Africa.
- Salary Offer 000 USD 000 Month
- Address Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa