Dis-Chem is offering the Dispensary Support learnership programme 2021/2022 In South Africa. You can apply online for the Dis-Chem learnership programme 2021/2022. The Dis-Chem Jobs and Careers have been announced for interns/trainees, and now you can get full advantage of the Dispensary Support learnership programme 2021/2022 If you are looking for latest learnership programme in South Africa then you are at the right place. The Dis-Chem learnership Programme will gain your experience level. Interested candidates should read the details and descriptions given below.
Dis-Chem: Dispensary Support Learnership Opportunity 2021 / 2022
Company: Dis-Chem Pharmacies
Location: Pretoria, South Africa
Closing date: 02 July 2021
Dis-Chem Pharmacies’ Sefako Makgatho store has an opportunity available for a Dispensary Support Learner to join the team. The main purpose of this is to employ learners who are capable of doing and completing the learner basic pharmacist assistant course. This course will equip learners to understand the underlying principles of all of the major areas related to the pharmaceutical environment and dispensing and promotes the notion of quality on the job learning.
Staff will be employed in a Fixed Term position as Dispensary Support until such time as they are registered with the SAPC as learner basic assistants. Only once qualified as a basic pharmacist assistant will permanent employment be offered.
Include but not limited to:
- The sale of Schedule 1 medicines or scheduled substances.
- Assist with the compounding, manipulation or preparation of a non-sterile medicine or scheduled substance according to a formula and Standard Operating Procedures approved by the responsible pharmacist.
- Assist with the unpacking and merchandising of stock and cleaning of dispensary and OTC shelves approved by the responsible pharmacist.
- Any other duties assigned to them by the Dispensary Manager.
- Learn to accurately interpret scripts and act in a professional and responsible manner and within the legal requirements in accordance with the South African Pharmaceutical Council.
- Ensure accurate picking / packing / labelling and checking of medication and be aware of common dosages as well as important drug interactions.
- Ensure that all medications, are checked for accuracy by a pharmacist and signed by a pharmacist.
- Assist in the control of stock (manage cleanliness and packing organisation of shelves and medicine expiry dates) of Schedule 1 to Schedule 5 medicines or scheduled substances.
- Follow up with patients regarding script tracking report as requested by the dispensary manager and follow up appointments.
- Assist with call centre scripts and patient service telephone calls.
- Provide information to individuals in order to promote health.
- Grade 12 with Mathematics (HG), Life Science/Physical Science (obtained at least an average of 50%)
- English and 2nd language – Read, write and speak.
- Time management, deadline driven, dealing with pressure, attention to detail.
- Good communication skills, listening, customer service/focus, problem solving, team player, conflict management, leading by example, accountability, professional conduct, trustworthy and honest.
- Computer, numerical skills.
How to Apply
Location: Pretoria, Sefako Makgatho
Closing date: 2 July 2021
- Salary Offer 000 USD 000 Month
- Address Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa