UNDP invites unemployed graduates to apply for Internship Programme 2021 / 2022. If you are looking for Internship programme In UNDP then you are at the right place. Those Candidates who consider themselves eligible for this internship programme can submit their application by following the instructions given below.
UNDP: Internship Programme 2021
Company : United Nations Development Programme
Location : Pretoria, South Africa
Closing date: 17 May 2021
Intern LGBTI Inclusion, Africa (Research, Communication, and Partnership)
This intern will work as part of UNDP’s “Inclusive Governance Initiative”, which is designed to support countries in Sub-Saharan Africa to become increasingly accountable to, and inclusive of, their entire populations, including LGBTI people.
This in turn will contribute to better laws, more responsive public sector services, and social norms that affirm LGBTI rights. The project is focused on five outcomes, concentrating its country-level work in a sub-set of countries with strategic windows of opportunity for positive change.
Stipend: R 7,200 p/m.
Training Components and Learning elements
As a full member of the “Inclusive Governance Initiative” team, the intern will:
- Benefit from mentoring from a UNDP staff person and benefit from dedicated trainings and UNDP online learning tools
- Learn the structure, mechanisms, policies and practice areas of UNDP
- Strengthen his/her effective writing and visual communication skills
- Participate in team working groups, workshops and events (which may be virtual or in-person)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in research and monitoring of LGBTI inclusion and rights issues in the Inclusive Governance Initiative’s priority and additional focus countries in Africa
- Assist in identifying key stakeholders for potential engagement with the Inclusive Governance Initiative, including parliamentarians, senior civil servants, key development NGOs in the region focused on the SDGs, religious leaders and other decision-makers and influencers
- Assist in strategy development and management of social media and knowledge management platforms for the Inclusive Governance Initiative, targeting and facilitating interactions with relevant stakeholders
- Research relevant content and stories to post on Inclusive Governance Initiative’s platforms, and keep track of the key performance indicators (KPI’s) for each network
- Support the development of a contact list of supportive journalists in the region and in maintaining communications with these journalists
- Support the development and application of a design approach for the Inclusive Governance Initiative, including a visual brand, PowerPoint templates, PowerPoint presentations, newsletter design, one-pagers & infographics
- Ad-hoc graphics for team presentations, outreach and projects
- Support to any ad hoc activities related to the Inclusive Governance Initiative
- Understanding of LGBTI issues in developing countries and sensitivity to working with front-line activists;
- Understanding of strategic communication and how it can contribute to the achievement of specific development goals;
- Ability to engage with a wide range of partners and forge productive working relationships;
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task;
- Responsible, responsive, enthusiastic;
- Strong attention to detail; and
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Application must meet one of the following academic requirements:
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Have graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
How to Apply
Click Here to Apply
- Salary Offer 0000000 USD 0000000 Month
- Address Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa